Contact Lens Care
CONTACT LENS CARE ▼
- Do not rinse contact lenses OR the lens container with tap water (use lens solution)
- If container is washed with water, make sure it's completely dried
- Always wash hands when putting on & taking off contact lenses.
- Do not wear lens straight away after opening a new pair.
- Need to clean it first with solution before wearing
- When cleaning your new lens, DO NOT use the solution that was already inside the container
- Don't forget to clean lens after use if lens is reusable
- Place lens on hand, use 2-3 drops of solution and rub with finger for about 20 seconds (avoid touching lens with nails) & to finish up, use another 2-3 drops on lens
- After the cleaning, put lens in the case that is ⅔ filled up with solution
- To prevent the lenses from ripping, place the contact lenses with the convex side of the lens facing up.
- Make sure the lenses hit the bottom of the case, then close the case lid.
- Always check that you place the the right side of contact lenses in the right side of the case.
- Place lenses in fresh & clean solution after every use overnight
- Even when you don’t use your contact lenses, replace the solution every 3 days
- Change your contact lens case every 2-3 months.
CONTACT LENS WEAR ▼
- All contact lenses should be sold within its expiry date & should be worn within the expiry date (beware you don’t confuse the manufacture date with the expiry date!)
- You must only wear the contact lens for the recommended usage period (e.g. 1 day, fortnightly, montlty, 6-monthly, etc.)
- The “usage period” refers to the period when the contact lens were first opened and from then, until the specified period
- ATTENTION: Monthly = 30 Days = 30 use? XXX
- The USAGE PERIOD has got NOTHING to do with the NUMBER OF USAGE
- Monthly contact lens must be thrown away 30 days after opening, even if you haven’t worn it 30 times
HIKOCO-Guide: Contact Lens for First Timers ▼