I don’t know if you are like me, Axis-Y is a new brand that I have yet to try but I sure have seen its presence on social media.
So, I did a little research on the brand story: Axis-Y is founded in 2019 (quite a new brand!) and all their products are vegan, cruelty free and made without parabens, artificial fragrances, and mineral oils.
The Mugwort Pore Clarifying Wash Off Pack is part of Axis-Y’s 6+1+1 line and is broken down to: 6 nutrient-rich, natural ingredients + 1 functional, goal-orientated agent + 1 quality-producing skincare technology. Now let’s jump into the review~
Product description: With a base of 61% Mugwort extract, this wash off pack clears the pores of impurities, soothes inflamed and irritated skin, and gently exfoliates dead skin to reveal a bright and healthy complexion.
How to use:
- Scoop an adequate amount onto clean, dry face using the provided spatula (or any).
- Apply an even layer to face but avoid immediate area around the eyes and mouth.
- Allow to dry and harden for approximately 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Follow with your regular skincare routine.
Now, let’s break the ingredient list up!
6 Base Ingredients
- Adzuki Beans - Gently removes dead skin cells
- Lotus - Regenerates and controls sebum, helps to remove free radicals that encourage skin aging, making dull skin clear and bright
- Kelp - Revitalises and nourishes rough and irritated skin, keeping it clear
- Artichoke - Prevent skin aging through antioxidant properties
- Mung Bean - Moisturises and brightens the skin, improves texture, and strengthens the skin barrier to help the skin regenerate its elasticity
- Heartleaf - Increases promotion and regeneration of skin cells
The 61% mugwort extract is the star ingredient of the product and provides the soothing effect.
1 Effective Technology
Dermatic AC 3 - Acne improvement and immunity enhancement cosmetic composition that contains cedar and Lotus leaf complex fermentation extract as an active ingredient
Packaging: Plastic tub, it comes with a small spatula that can stored between the lid and product separator
Texture: Matcha green viscous texture with adzuki beans
Scent: Strong earthy and herbal scent, not noticeable on the face though
First thing first, for those who are unsure, this is a clay mask! Although the word “clay” is not mentioned anywhere in the product name and description, kaolin in the ingredient list is a very good indication that this is indeed a clay mask!
Clay mask is targeted at oily and acne prone skin and commonly used to reduce excess oil and eliminate impurities that clog your pores. As a dry skin gal, I’m always a bit on the fence with clay masks because they are normally very strong and overly stripping.
However, not this one! In my opinion, this one is quite gentle, and I was able to use it up to 3 times a week! The adzuki beans look big and abrasive but they are quite soft and will not damage your skin barrier.
Here are some of my clay masking tips:
- What is an “adequate” amount? I would recommend an even layer that can cover your skin completely.
- Avoid letting the clay mask dry completely. Leaving it for too long will have adverse effects and absorb the water in our skin, leaving your face feeling tight and stripped.
- Less is more: apply on congested areas only. There is no need to apply the clay mask everywhere like a sheet mask, I normally focus on my T-zone as my cheeks are not very oily/congested. (Of course, if you have oily skin, go for gold!)
- Use this as a “spot treatment” mask if an uninvited acne comes along. I used it on my pimple and it actually suppressed it without drying my skin out.
- Clay masks being very difficult to wash off? Try washing it off when you shower. Requires a bit of planning and time management but will definitely save you from breaking your back at the sink 😅
Special shout out to the packaging, absolutely amazing that it came with a spatula storage space. This is super handy if you are traveling and reduces the risk of losing it. I don’t know about you, but my skincare spatulas are everywhere and half the time, they are collecting dusts
Overall, I think this is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin! I’m very impressed with its ability to treat acne so if you are acne-prone, this might be right up your alley. This is a nice step to have in the self-care routine. However, if your skin is used to a heavy-duty clay mask, you might find this to be a bit too gentle.
Hope you enjoyed the review and found it helpful! Wishing you a good skin day xx