Today, I will be reviewing the Acwell Aqua Clinity Cream! This light and calming moisturizer is great for sensitive, combination and oily skin. Beauties with combination or oily skin know how important it is to find a moisturizer that keeps the skin hydrated without causing greasiness or clogged pores. If you’re in search for something that ticks those boxes, the Aqua Clinity Cream might be for you!
The brand Acwell is focused on developing products using traditional Korean medicinal plants, particularly for those with sensitive skin. As such, this Aqua Clinity Cream does is free from parabens, artificial dyes, mineral oil, and sulphates.
It's light weight and absorbs quickly. The texture of this moisturizer is like a thick water gel, so when applied to the skin it also creates a nice cooling sensation. This is important as products that sits on top the skin can attract pollution and clog pores. The quick absorbing quality also helps speed up your beauty routine!
This Aqua Clinity Cream is formulated for calming and protecting the sensitive skin from external stress. Ingredients worth mentioning include Centella (calms irritations) and Witch hazel (anti-inflammatory) and Puritox Jin. Puritox Jin is Acwell’s special blend of Korean traditional medicinal ingredients that includes:
- Peony extract (skin protection),
- Liquorice extract (brightening),
- Srrowroot/Kudzu extract (good for oily skin)
- Cimicifuga extract (help relax skin)
It does not contain any irritating fragrances. However, it does have a faint herbal scent but it’s barely noticeable.
After going through two jars of the Acwell Aqua Clinity Cream, I find that it doesn’t irritate my sensitive combination skin or cause any clogged pores. However, for me personally, I find that it sometimes doesn’t provide enough moisture during the cooler months. After 3-4 hours of applying the cream, my skin – even the oily areas – can become dry. If you have dry combination skin, I’d recommend the Acwell Aqua Clarity Cream Double Moisture or the Round Lab Dokdo Lotion instead.
Sadly, I found this moisturizer always doesn’t pair well with my foundation. On days where the weather is a bit more humid, I find that it breaks down my foundation more quickly. My friend who also tried this cream under makeup, however, didn’t experience this problem. Regardless, I continue to use it, but I prefer to use this at night or on my non makeup days.
- It absorbs very quickly. If you dislike having to wait a long time for your moisturizer to absorb, this is for you.
- Good for sealing in your skin treatments without feeling like you have a heavy layer of product on top of your skin
- It does not cause my oily t-zone to become greasy
- The cooling effect of the moisturizer is great for the days where I feel your skin feels stressed out from dehydration or environmental pollution.
- The packaging is high quality. The jar, although it is made of plastic, it feels heavy and nice.
- It may not play well with certain makeup primer and/ or foundation combinations.
- If your skin gets dryer during the cooler months, this might not be moisturizing enough.
The Acwell Aqua Clinity Cream is a good option those with oily, combination and/ or sensitive skin. It is non-greasy and non-pore clogging and keeps both the normal and oily parts of the face happy. If you’re on the lookout for a moisturizer that is hydrating but light weight, with additional calming benefits, give this a go!
Thanks for reading!